Build, Test & Monitor all-ETF Portfolios. Portfolio Builder is an interactive tool that allows you
to build, test and maintain up to 20 all-ETF portfolios.See how it compares to a benchmark of your choosing in
terms of asset allocation, performance, fundamentals and valuations. Here's how...
1. Choose Your Funds Build your portfolio by selecting your ETFs and determining their weights. You
can stay within an asset class or mix equity, fixed income, commodity or other ETFs. Follow the same steps to
construct a custom benchmark, or simply select a broad fund such as the S&P500 SPDR (SPY) at a weight of 100%.
2. View Your Allocation Quickly see how your portfolio compares to the benchmark in terms of overall
asset allocation, sector allocation, geographic distribution and issuer type (for fixed income ETFs). Also peer down
to the security level, to make sure there is no unintended concentration resulting from fund overlap.
3. Test your Strategy Get a hypothetical backtest to see how your portfolio might have performed in the
past. We'll also show you risk and return metrics so you can see where the performance is coming from. Hint: Don't
reject a portfolio that may have lagged in the past. Those ETFs might be ripe for outperformance!
4. Focus on Fundamentals Fundamentals give us a window into future performance. Portfolio
Builder aggregates all the fundamentals, valuation and ratings data we compile for individual ETFs so you can
evaluate how your model portfolio compares to its benchmark. Go back and adjust your ETF selections and weights
until the portfolio has the characteristics you want.
5. Print Custom PDF Reports Download and print customizable PDF reports ideal for
presentation to clients. The detailed information on each portfolio demonstrates to clients the effort and due
diligence the goes into proper ETF porfolio construction (Professional subscribers only).